Meadowlark Compost Site
33890 733rd Avenue
The Meadowlark Compost Site is regulated by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the city complies with all of the requirements as set forth by the DNR.
The compost is now closed. Please check back here for when the compost site will open in 2018. Please note that the compost will only be open weather permitting. See hours on the right >>>.
Keep this information in mind as you make use of the Meadowlark Compost Site:
- Anyone found leaving unauthorized materials at the compost site will be prosecuted under city ordinance.
- Compost is available free of charge from the site.
- The city will not accept any responsibility for any accidents which occur at the compost site.
- The compost site is monitored by the St. James Street Department.
- Tree branches can be harvested for fire places and fire rings at the risk of the individual. Individuals must sign a release form provided by the City of St. James Street Department prior to harvesting tree branches.
- The Compost Site will not be open during inclement weather.
There are designated areas for the placement of these items:
- Garden debris
- Grass clippings
- Tree branches
- Unpainted wood products
- Contractor Fee - $100 per season
- User Fee - $1 per day
- Punch Card of 12 Punches - $10
- Punch Cards can be purchased on-site or at City Hall