St. James Municipal Airport
The St. James airport is a busy place, with 15 based aircraft and over 6,000 annual operations. The Airport features a 4,000 foot paved and lighted runway, an automated weather system that reports current conditions and RNAV approach procedures, a non-directional beacon, REILs and PAPIs which offer visual guidance, a parallel taxiway, a generous apron, self-service fueling, and a 24/7 arrival/departure building.
General Aviation Information
- Courtesy Car available upon request: call City Manager Amanda Glass (507) 430-7590
- Airport identifier: JYG
- Arrival / departure building
- Elevation: 1062 feet / 325.2 meters
- Design Weight of Runway: 12,500 pounds single weight load
- Fixed-base operator (FBO): City of St. James staff
- Instrument landing system (ILS): Runway 15/33
- Motel accommodations – 3 miles
- Navigation aids: WXAWOS – 3:260
- Other amenities: Fuel (unattended)
- Phone: (507) 375-3627
- Runway Length: 4,000 feet
- Tie-down spots available
In-depth information can be obtained at AirNav.com.
Notice of Proposed Decommissioning
Comment period closes: April 13, 2020
The St. James Airport Manager is the City Manager, Amanda Glass (507) 430-7590.