- Parks & Recreation
- Tiell Park Campground
- Campground Rules
These rules apply to all campers in the St. James Municipal Campground. Failure to comply with these rules may result in expulsion.
- Payment MUST be made prior to setting up your camper. Use the payment box provided at the entrance.
- ONLY ONE CAMPER ALLOWED ON EACH CAMPSITE (Tents are the only exception to this rule)
- FIRES ALLOWED ONLY IN ESTABLISHED FIRE PITS. DO NOT BURN TRASH IN FIRE PITS. YOU MAY BE FINED FOR BURNING TRASH IN FIRE PITS. DUMPSTERS ARE PROVIDED BY THE LAKE.
- NO FIREWOOD MAY BE BROUGHT INTO THE CAMPGROUND IN AN EFFORT TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF EMERALD ASH BORE AND OTHER TREE DISEASES; IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU PURCHASE FIREWOOD LOCALLY.
- PETS MUST BE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PET UNATTENDED.
- DUE TO CHILDREN IN THE PARK AREA AND INDIVIDUALS BAREFOOT WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE CLEAN UP AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF DOG FECES.
- NO CLOTHES LINES and NO PARKING ON THE GRASS
- SECURITY – THE GROUNDS ARE PATROLLED BY THE ST. JAMES POLICE DEPARTMENT. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE SMALL ITEMS LAY AROUND. THE CITY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
- TRASH MUST BE PLACED IN DUMPSTER LOCATED WEST OF BOAT LANDING, IN THE RECYCLING AND TRASH PICKUP AREA.
- PLEASE BE A GOOD NEIGHBOR, QUIET TIME IS BETWEEN 11:00 PM AND 8:00 AM.
- Failure to pay the camping fee is theft and the city will take the necessary legal action to obtain payment.
- Wi-Fi Internet works best near a window or in direct line with the antenna located at the comfort station. Free Wi-Fi is 5 Mbps.
- DO NOT SHARE THE INTERNET ACCESS CODE WITH NON-CAMPERS; ABUSE OF THE INTERNET MAY RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM THE CAMPGROUND.
- EMERGENCY SHELTER LOCATION IS AT THE COURTHOUSE (Police Dispatch center).
If you need assistance, please stop by City Hall, 124 Armstrong Blvd. South or contact the St. James Police Department located at the Courthouse,715 3rd AVE SOUTH.
CITY HALL 375-3241 POLICE 375-3121 EMERGENCY 911
St. James Area Chamber of Commerce 375-3333
SHOWER AND BATHROOM FACILITIES LOCATED AT CAMPGROUND