Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Are you wondering what it takes to start a business in St. James? This step-by-step guide is a great place to start.
Phase 1: Business Planning
1. Ask the expert! FREE resources for your business planning needs.
2. Choose a Business Name at the MN Secretary of State website.
3. Choose a Business Structure- SBDC or RCEF can help you.
4. Create a Business Plan- SBDC or RCEF can help you.
5. Additional Resources
6. Financing- go to our financial resources page for more information.
7. Find a Location at our Building & Land Inventory
8. Call us to check the zoning regulations: 507-375-1289
PHASE 2: Filing/Documents
9. Business Filing, State of Minnesota
10. Apply for Building Permits or Licenses if needed
PHASE 3: Plug in to Resources and Community
12. Consider membership with the St. James Area Chamber of Commerce
13. Sign up for the SBDC Newsletter
14. Check out our community website: Discover St. James. There you can find:
Contact us if you have questions at 507-375-1289.