Report A Concern


Who may bring a complaint? Any individual or individuals may bring a complaint to the City of St. James of an alleged violation of the St. James City Ordinance.

Where to file a complaint? A complaint must be filed in written form to city hall located in person at 124 Armstrong Blvd. S or mailed to PO Box 70, St. James, MN 56081.

The complainant must, in good faith, make full, fair, and honest disclosure of all facts and circumstances known to him/her at the time the complaint is made. The facts, as presented, must be in the form of an affidavit and signed. Said affidavit will form the basis of any further investigation.

If charges are brought, the complainant may be required to appear in court as a material witness. The prosecution also reserves the right to subpoena the presence of the complainant and enforce the subpoena by ordering a peace officer to bring complainant to court.

Persons refusing to file a signed complaint will have their complaint heard, but no action may be taken. The complaint affidavit must be completed in its entirety for the furthering of investigations. Any incompletion on the affidavit may result in the prevention of investigation or action by the City of St. James.

Filing a Complaint Form 

Filing a Complaint Form (Spanish)

Fill out Complaint Form and email or bring to City Hall- 124 Armstrong Blvd S.