Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The City of St. James may declare a snow emergency after an accumulation of three (3") inches or more of snowfall. During a snow emergency, no vehicle may park on any city street until the street has been completely cleared / plowed from curb to curb.
Any vehicle parked in violation of this parking restriction will be issued a $125 ticket for the first offense and a $150 ticket for subsequent offenses during the same snowfall. Vehicles found in violation will also be towed at the owners' expense. Please do not push or move snow from your property to the public streets. Sidewalks must be cleared of snow within 12 hours after the end of snowfall.
HOW TO GET NOTIFIED:
1. Sign up for Notify Me on the City website: Go to www.ci.stjames.mn.us homepage. Scroll down and click on “Notify Me” button and follow instructions.
2. Call the Snow Emergency Hotline at 507-375-8296. You can call this number 24 hours/day for current information
3. Check the City website at www.ci.stjames.mn.us If we have declared a snow emergency, it will show on the homepage under News & Announcements
4. Check social media: “City of St. James” Facebook or “St. James MN Police Department” Facebook
5. Sign up for CODE RED to receive alerts in English and Spanish. CODE RED also provides severe weather warnings. This is also on www.ci.stjames.mn.us homepage. Scroll down and click on the “Code Red” button.