What do I need and where can I get the license?
In order to obtain a dog license, dog owners must fill out an application at City Hall and must obtain a certificate by a veterinarian that is duly licensed to practice veterinary medicine within the State of Minnesota. This certificate shall state the animal for which the application for a license is made and that the animal has been inoculated against rabies for at least the period for which license is applied. The applicant will be issued a small license tag that is to be attached to the animal’s collar.

Visit City Hall at:
124 Armstrong Blvd. S.
St. James, MN 56081

Show All Answers

1. When do I need to get a license for my pet?
2. What if I lose a tag?
3. What do I need and where can I get the license?
4. How long is the license good for?
5. What animal control requirements are there in the City of St. James?
6. Is there a dangerous animal policy in the City of St. James?
7. Is there a limit on the number of animals a person can have?
8. How do I get a kennel license?