What if I cannot get to the polls on Election Day?
You may cast an absentee ballot if you are unable to get to your polling site on Election Day. Absentee ballots are available 30 days before an election. Requesting a ballot is a two step process. First, you must complete an absentee ballot application. Then, you will receive a blank ballot to vote and return. If you are eligible to vote absentee, you may do so either by mail or in person. Absentee ballots and voting is conducted at the Watonwan County Auditors Office, located in the Watonwan County Courthouse at 710 2nd Avenue South, St. James, (507) 375-1210. Absentee voting can be done until 5:00 on the day prior to the General Election.

Watonwan County Election Information

Show All Answers

1. Who is eligible to vote?
2. How do I register to vote?
3. What if I have changed my name or address since I last registered?
4. Why should I pre-register?
5. How do I register on Election Day?
6. Can I take time off of work to vote?
7. What if I cannot get to the polls on Election Day?
8. Can I get assistance if I am disabled?
9. What if I am not registered but still want to cast an absentee ballot?
10. How can I serve as an election judge?